Friday, July 13, 2007

Wise Saws and Modern Instances

Kiara is a linguistic delight. She has introduced me to two neologisms that are both useful and musical sounding. One is "wristle". Usage: "The hand bone's connected to the wristle bone". The other is "grocious". Usage "Eewwww...grocious!".
Of her picturesque speech when in India her uncle Adrian has this to say:


I've been meaning to email you about Ranjit and Kiara's stay. Kiara was a
real delight. Glad the books were okay.

Some gems from Kiara:
1. When I asked her whether there are crocodiles in the bathroom in New York
she thought for a minute and then said "No, only potties."

2. As I was leaving Rohan and Usha's house she gave me a whole list of
instructions about how to drive safely. I don't remember most of it but one
of them was "Drive only on the car and not on the road."

3. She seems to have seen a tubelight for the first time at Rohan's place.
She glared at it for a minute and then said, "You rascal light!" I asked her
why. She said, "Did you see what he just did? He went off and then came on
again!"

4. Karina was playing Doctor and I lay down on the bed and said that my
stomach was paining. Kiara immediately jumped on my stomach. I said "Ouch,
what kind of doctor are you, Kiara?" She gleefully replied, "A bouncing
doctor!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home